Communicating and reporting on results
Development coordination helped ensure a united voice for the UN development system
UN country teams with joint communications strategies
Increased from 39% in 2020 to 81% in 2022
of UN teams say that improved joint communications and advocacy better position the team’s work in countries
Resident Coordinators and Resident Coordinator's offices have been instrumental in supporting joint communications to counter hate speech
- In Costa Rica, an awareness raising initiative led to a National Plan of Action and a National Observatory, and was nominated among the finalists of the AMEC 2022 Award for Global Effectiveness of Communication.
- In Kenya, an innovative, high-tech consortium was created to support real-time tracking of hate
- Resident Coordinators across the Western Balkans – in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Serbia and Kosovo* – unlocked funding from the Peacebuilding Fund (PBF) for joint programming by the UN Development Programme (UNDP), the UN Population Fund (UNFPA), the UN Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), and the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN-Women) to promote fact-based narratives.
- In Sri Lanka, tracking and hate-speech monitoring helped to combat the ripple effects of the country’s recent economic crisis.
DCO continued to strengthen transparency and accountability for results of the RC system and the UN development system.
- In response to Member States' requests, a revised multi-annual RC system results framework that tracks RC system results is available for the first time
- The UNSDG Data Portal launched in 2021 showcases information on UNCT work for the SDGs in 162 countries and territories.
- The new Common Premises platform and the Efficiency dashboard provide full transparency on the work to advance efficiencies in the UN development system.
- A new UNSDG Output Indicator Framework for Cooperation Frameworks will allow for systematic tracking and showcasing on the UNSDG Data Portal the UN development system’s contribution to the advancement of the SDGs, drawing from 500+ commonly agreed indicators and methodologies.
UN Country Results Reports
With a boost in UN coordination, all 132 UN country teams produced annual UN Country Results Reports in 2022.
Resident Coordinator's Offices enhanced their outreach efforts: 78% of host Governments said they received the UN Country Results Report in 2022, against 63% the year before.
Most of these online tools are hosted, informed and powered by the UN INFO platform, managed by DCO
- UN INFO enables one entry point to critical data from across the UN development system, streamlining information and building efficiencies.
- The new UNSDG Data Portal in UN INFO is the result of the re-engineering of 14 pre-reform platforms serviced by external vendors, avoiding costs of approximately $2.4 million.