The Resident Coordinator Assessment Centre
The Resident Coordinator Assessment Centre (RCAC) is the assessment mechanism to enter the Resident Coordinator (RC) Pool. Membership of the RC Pool is a pre-requisite for applying to RC positions.
The RCAC measures the competencies articulated in the RC Leadership Profile while providing a simulation of situations RCs may be confronted with.
Who can apply?
Candidates who wish to apply for the RCAC must meet all the following requirements:
- Master’s degree – or equivalent post graduate qualification – in development studies, international relations, political science, economics, social sciences, human rights, law or closely related fields (for otherwise suitably qualified candidates, a first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced post graduate university degree);
- Be at the P-5 level or above, or at an equivalent level of seniority outside of the UN system;
- A minimum of 15 years of substantive experience and results in leadership roles at the international level, including at least five years of cumulative experience in development, human rights, peace-building, political affairs and/or humanitarian work at the country level;
- Proficiency in the competencies of the Resident Coordinator Leadership Profile;
- Ability to serve for at least one tour of duty (i.e. 5 years) before reaching the mandatory retirement age (65 years) by the time of application;
- Excellent performance records in the last two performance cycles;
- Fluency in English.
Desirable criteria may include:
- Senior-level representational experience;
- Experience serving on UN Country Teams/Humanitarian Country Teams, or equivalent;
- Experience in inter-agency coordination, or equivalent;
- Experience in developing strategic partnerships with governments, intergovernmental entities, private sector and/or donors;
- Working knowledge of another official UN language.
How can I apply to the RCAC?
There is currently no open call for applications to the RCAC.
DCO normally issues call for applications once a year. We invite you to check this website regularly for update.
What happens after the RCAC?
Candidates who successfully pass the RCAC are included in the RC Pool and are eligible to apply for RC and RC/HC vacancies.