| Photo: UNRCO Liberia
The United Nations in Liberia
The United Nations in Liberia is represented by 18 Agencies, Funds, Programmes, the World Bank and African Development Bank comprising the UN Country Team. Under Delivering as One they work together through the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF 2020 - 2024) supporting the Government's national agenda The Pro Poor Agenda for Prosperity and Development. The United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework is aligned to the Pro Poor Agenda, the UNSDCF has four pillars: Power to the People, Economy and Jobs, Peace and Security and Governance and Transparency. This guides the UN programmatic interventions to the government over the next five years.
The new United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF 2020 - 2024) was signed by the Government of Liberia and United Nations in August 2019, and implementation will start on the 1st January 2020. The UNSDCF is informed by recommendations and lessons learned from the previous UNDAF, the Common Country Assessment, Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals. It is also guided by the UN Vision 2030.
- Liberia National Economic Dialogue organized from 4-6 September 2019 to formulate strategic policy actions aimed at enhancing speedy economic recovery, sustained economic growth and peace and reconciliation.
- In August 2019, the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) 2020 - 2024 was signed by the Government of Liberia and the United Nations in an event graced by His Excellency the President of Liberia.
- The United Nations Vision 2030 was developed through consultation process including the Government of Liberia, Development Partners, Civil Society Organisations and the United Nations Family.
- The Liberia Multi- Partner Trust Fund is established to continue supporting peace consolidation programmes in Liberia. It will evolve to support the UNSDCF 2020-2024.
- The Spotlight Initiative was launched by the Government, European Union and United Nations in June 2019 with funding of 18.5million dollars to address Sexual Gender-Based Violence and Harmful Traditional Practices in Liberia.
- United Nations Mission in Liberia ended its Mission on 30 March 2018 - after 15 years of Peacekeeping and departs Liberia.
To learn more visit: https://liberia.un.org/.
UN Country Team
Resident Coordinator Office
UN Entities in the Country
Dr. Miriam Chipimo
Dr. Bannet Ndyanabangi
Marie Goreth NIZIGAMA
Karla Robin Hershey
Zulqarnain Hussain Anjum
Cherif Mohammed Diallo
Pa Lamin Beyai
Mesfin G. Zbelo
UN Key Documents
UNDAF/United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (CP)