| Photo: UN Photo
The United Nations in Sudan
The United Nations Country Team (UNCT) in Sudan is comprised of 18 resident and two non-resident representatives of agencies, funds and programmes whose work encompasses development cooperation, humanitarian assistance and peacekeeping operations.
The collective response of the United Nations to national development priorities is outlined in the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) and is supported by the United Nations Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO).
UN Humanitarian agencies, programmes and funds work with national and international partners to protect the lives and fundamental wellbeing of civilians affected by conflict and natural disasters.
In addition, there are currently two peacekeeping operations in the country, namely the African Union-United Nations Hybrid Operation in Darfur (UNAMID) and the United Nations Interim Security Force for Abyei (UNISFA).
- Helps promote equity in economic and social opportunities for the people of Sudan
- Supports national institutions to increase coverage and improved quality of basic services
- Provides support to establish sustainable climate adaptation infrastructures to enhance capacity development for better adaptation to climate change
- Supports creating an enabling environment for evidence-based planning and budgeting, while strengthening institutional attitudes to emphasize democratic principles, enhancing local participation in decision-making processes and strengthening capacities to external development assistance
- Supports peace efforts to stabilize communities and strengthens social cohesion
- Provides support to populations affected by natural or man-made disasters, displaced populations, refugees, returnees and host communities to meet their basic needs while increasing their self-reliance
To learn more visit: https://sudan.un.org.
Data about the work of the UN Country Team on COVID-19 is available on their Country Dashboard.
UN Country Team
Resident Coordinator Office
UN Entities in the Country
Adjaratou Fatou Ndiaye
Mohamed Elsayed Abdelmomen
Nima Saeed Abid
UN Key Documents
UNDAF/United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (CP)