Fostering accountability and transparency
Strengthened system-wide reporting
Enhanced coordination continued to improve system-wide reporting by the UN development system.
Strengthened visibility of country-level results
Enhanced coordination also continued to improve visibility of results by the UN development system and the Resident Coordinator system alike.
- UN-INFO continued to be improved, as the only platform that enables to track system-wide activities, funding and partnerships to advance the SDGs and give them full visibility
Check out the new UNSDG Data Portal showcasing UN teams’ work with UN-INFO data visualization and other downloadable datasets.
- The UNSDG website is available in all official UN languages, with over 1.7 million pageviews – a 1,000% yearly growth since 2019
- A new DCO website was launched in 2021 showcasing results and thought leadership of the RC system at the country-level
- 132 UN team websites are now live, covering over 22 languages, with an average of nearly 1.4 million pageviews (a 52% increase from 2020)
A new Results Framework for the Resident Coordinator system has been presented to the UN Economic and Social Council
Strengthened communication and advocacy capacities in Resident Coordinator Offices
- 44 UN Information Centres (UNICs) are integrated into Resident Coordinator Offices
- The job descriptions of UN communications staff on the ground have been updated and skillsets strengthened
- UN team communications guidelines have been revised to boost joint communications for the SDGs