| Photo: © UN Women/Salai Hsan Myat Htoo/2019. A group of women in Mrauk-U/Rakhine, supported by UN Women to receive agripreneurship training, watering their crops. The programme is funded by the Government of Japan.
The United Nations in Myanmar
The UN serves all people regardless of race, religion, nationality, membership of a political social group or political opinion. The UN supports the Government and civil society to implement Myanmar's reforms and transitions through four main pillars: socio-economic development; peacebuilding; humanitarian action and human rights. This support is guided by the principles of inclusiveness and sustainability as well as rooted in internationally agreed principles and standards.
For more on the UN's work in Myanmar, explore the interactive 3W Dashboard.
- The UN and partners are currently providing humanitarian assistance to over one million people in Myanmar.
- The UN System in Myanmar takes a multifaceted approach to peacebuilding support in Myanmar, drawing on global experience and diverse expertise.
- The UN in Myanmar identified social protection as a priority within its 2012-2015 Strategic Framework.
- UNOPS manages two of the largest development funds in Myanmar: the Livelihoods and Food Security Trust Fund (LIFT) and Three Millennium Development Goal Fund (3MDG).
- In 2015, the UN Network worked closely with the former Government to draft a new prioritized multisectoral National Action Plan for Food and Nutrition Security (2016-2025) as the country’s response to the UN Secretary General’s Zero Hunger Challenge.
- The UN in Myanmar supports the right to development, recognizing that a human rights based approach to all development activities is the foundation of effective, sustainable results.
To learn more visit: https://myanmar.un.org.
Data about the work of the UN Country Team on COVID-19 is available on their Country Dashboard.
UN Country Team
Resident Coordinator Office
UN Entities in the Country
Min Jeon Kim
UN Key Documents
UNDAF/United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (CP)